Looking for a great holiday gift? Consider stopping by FIGO Pasta at 2941 Paces Ferry Road in Vinings and picking up the restaurant’s annual Pasta Pepper Shaker Calendar for 2012.
It features the restaurant’s signature pepper shakers and comes with a set of FIGO coupons valuing nearly $100. It cost just $9 and a portion of each calendar sold will benefit Wellspring Living, the non-profit organization that aids in the rehabilitation and restoration of women and girls who have been sexually trafficked or abused in Georgia.
And while you’re there, take a seat for lunch or dinner and savor the restaurant’s made-from-scratch pastas and sauces, and of course the irresistible pepper-infused olive oil with fresh-baked focaccia bread.
Have you ever driven past the Panera Bread located at 3625 Spring Hill Parkway and not seen it bustling with hungry customers (including many Home Depot employees)? That restaurant is raking it in. But Panera gives back, too.
In October, Panera Bread once again invited its customers to join them in the fight against breast cancer by purchasing its signature Pink Ribbon Bagels.
More than 41,000 bagels were sold at Panera Bread bakery-cafes throughout North Georgia, with a portion of the proceeds going to Northside Hospital’s Breast Care Program. Panera recently presented a check of $4,102.80 to Northside.
Atkins Park Tavern at 2840 Atlanta Road in Smyrna is gearing up for the New Year by taking guests back to 1985 for some Nintendo nostalgia. Beginning tonight and then each Tuesday evening through the end of next month, Atkins Park is hosting a new type of game night with old favorites from the classic Nintendo video game system.
Currently, Atkins Park is offering Dig Dug, Football, Mario Kart, Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out and more. House cash prizes will be given out each week to the winners, and a bigger prize will be available for the overall winner at the end of the seven-week game night series. For more information, contact Atkins Park Tavern at 770-435-1887.
Back by customer request, Marlow’s Tavern at 2355 Cumberland Parkway is once again offering its “Lobsters & Libations” menu through Monday, Jan. 2. Much like last year’s offering, this year’s menu puts a Marlow’s twist on classic dishes from the lobster and shrimp chowder to lobster pot pie. The “Lobsters & Libations” menu includes the following dishes, which are offered daily:
- Maine lobster and shrimp tavern chowder – New England style chowder with apple wood smoked bacon, carrots, corn, sweet onion, Burbank potatoes and fresh herbs ($7)
- Maine lobster pot pie – simmered perfectly with carrots, peas, green beans, crisp potatoes, and sweet herbs with sauce velouté and a flakey herb crust ($15)
- Over-stuffed tail – cold water lobster tail stuffed with shrimp, scallops, mascarpone, sweet herbs and garlic pita served with jalapeño corn grits, baby Broccolini and citrus herb sauce ($25)
- Maine tail and turf – grilled filet mignon, tempura tail and shrimp tail, crispy wild mushroom potato cake, baby Broccolini and citrus butter ($26)
- Chocolate banana bread pudding – challah bread, banana and chocolate with vanilla and caramel ($6)
And while you’re there, don’t forget about the Holiday Spice Martini. Delish!
- Holiday Spice Martini – Smirnoff vanilla vodka combined with autumn spices of cinnamon and nutmeg to capture the tastes of the season and shaken until chilly ($8.50)
Made your New Year’s Eve dinner rservations yet? Ray’s on the River at 6700 Powers Ferry Road is hosting a night of dinner and dancing on the pavilion. The riverfront restaurant will have a special menu, five-piece band, champagne toast, party favors and a balloon drop to ring in the new year.
Festivities start at 8 p.m. with dinner service at 8:45 p.m. Tickets are $95 per person, and guests have the option of buying a 10-person table for $850. A wine pairing menu is available for an additional $40 per person. Tax and gratuity are not included in pricing. For more information or to make a reservation, call 770-955-1187.
Finally, Bella and the good folks at Cowlicks Yogurt & Floats in Vinings are offering holiday gift cards, $5 and up. These gift cards add a sweet treat to children’s stockings and provide an afternoon of fun during the holiday break. And through Dec. 24, purchase a Cowlicks gift card in any amount and receive a bonus gift card equal to 20 percent of your purchased gift card.