Invite a friend
Herpes zoster, best known as shingles, is a skin condition caused by reactivation of the chicken pox virus. Shingles may be very painful and has an increasing occurrence as an individual ages. Fortunately, prompt diagnosis and treatment is available and may be very helpful. In the last few years a vaccination has become available which is effective. Dr. Alexander S. Voljavec of Cobb Medical Associates at West Village, will discuss risk factors for shingles, as well as complications, prevention guidelines and treatment options.
This seminar is free and will be held in the hospital cafeteria. Call to reserve your spot.
More About Emory-Adventist Hospital
For more than 35 years, this hospital has been serving the needs of the Smyrna and surrounding communities. It was first affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, then in 1995, became entered a joint venture with Emory Healthcare.
The hospital has taken the lead in disaster preparedness for Cobb County and has the only stationary decontamination facility in the county. In September 2010, the hospital acquired new digital mammography equipment allowing for shorter exam times and wait times for results.
Other events here
- Summertime Emergencies Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding Tue, Jun 25, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Migraine Prevention and Treatment Tue, Jul 16, 7:00 pm
- Trust Your Gut Tue, Jul 23, 7:00 pm
- Caring for the Caregiver Tue, Aug 6, 7:00 pm
- The Principles of Healthy Cooking, Series 1 Wed, Aug 21, 7:00 pm
- Understanding & Prevention of Childhood Earaches and Sinus Infections Tue, Aug 27, 7:00 pm
- Cholesterol Screening Thu, Sep 12, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- The Principles of Healthy Cooking, Series 2 Wed, Sep 18, 7:00 pm
- PSA Screening Tue, Sep 24, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm