Invite a friend
TSH Screening Offered at Emory-Adventist Hospital at Smyrna on Tuesday, January 15 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. January is Thyroid Awareness Month. Be sure your thyroid is functioning adequately. TSH is a blood test used to determine thyroid function. An underactive thyroid can cause symptoms such as weight gain, fatigue, constipation, dry-skin and more. An overactive thyroid can cause a number of symptoms, including weight loss, rapid heart rate, nervousness and diarrhea. Note: If you are currently under the care of a physician for a thyroid condition, this screening should in no way substitute the monitoring of your condition through your physician. Cost: $15.00 (cash or check). The screening will be held in the hospital cafeteria. Reservations are required. Call 770-319-2025 to schedule your appointment time.
|Where||Emory-Adventist Hospital 3949 S Cobb Dr SE, Smyrna, GA 30080|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||4:00 pm–6:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Emory-Adventist Hospital
For more than 35 years, this hospital has been serving the needs of the Smyrna and surrounding communities. It was first affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church, then in 1995, became entered a joint venture with Emory Healthcare.
The hospital has taken the lead in disaster preparedness for Cobb County and has the only stationary decontamination facility in the county. In September 2010, the hospital acquired new digital mammography equipment allowing for shorter exam times and wait times for results.
Other events here
- Osteoporosis - The Silent Threat Wed, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Summertime Emergencies Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding Tue, Jun 25, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Migraine Prevention and Treatment Tue, Jul 16, 7:00 pm
- Trust Your Gut Tue, Jul 23, 7:00 pm
- Caring for the Caregiver Tue, Aug 6, 7:00 pm
- The Principles of Healthy Cooking, Series 1 Wed, Aug 21, 7:00 pm
- Understanding & Prevention of Childhood Earaches and Sinus Infections Tue, Aug 27, 7:00 pm
- Cholesterol Screening Thu, Sep 12, 8:00 am–10:00 am
- The Principles of Healthy Cooking, Series 2 Wed, Sep 18, 7:00 pm