I remember when I was in high school I would constantly forget about meetings I wanted to go to, events I wanted to attend, or groups I wanted to join. I may be a little scatter-brained, but there was also homework, exams, and dating taking up valuable cranial space.
I doubt high school students have changed much in the seven years I've been away, so I thought I would put together a little calendar of events than will help students and parents to stay in the loop about the latest Spartan happenings.
Without further ado...
1. Runners, don't forget that the informational meeting for track and field is Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 3:45 p.m. in room 207. The meeting will last about an hour or so. If you cannot make the meeting because of fall sports commitments, meet with Coach Kyle Turner in room 207 before or after school to get all the info you need.
2. Gentlemen, take heed. The informational meeting for the Elite Gentlemen Club will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 3:45 p.m. in the media center. Please bring a parent or guardian with you to the event. If you have additional questions, contact Mr. Barnes, Dr. Deveaux, or Mr. Ivory.
3. Make sure Gangnam Style lives forever by joining Lunar K Dance's K-Pop Dance Group. The group will hold auditions on Wednesday, Sept. 4 from 3:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the orchestra room. See Dhaylin Lee for more information.
4. Experimentar una nueva cultura by joining Amigos Latinos for their Thursday, Sept. 5 meeting at 3:40 p.m. in room 802. See Ms. Weaver-High for more details.
5. Seniors, are you ready to scream? If so, come to the next Senior Scream Team meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 3:40 p.m. in Room 802. As above, see Ms. Weaver-High if you have any questions.