Although money may be tight so soon after the holidays, there are great buys in January that are worth the expense. Some are obvious: wrapping paper, Christmas decorations and like seasonal products. Others may surprise you: frozen finger foods, chocolate and linens.
Take a look at the following 23 products and see if there’s something you know you will need this year. By thinking ahead a few months, you will actually boost your budget’s bottom line in the long run.
Great Buys In January:
- Fitness Gear and Sports Equipment – Sales are on for all those people who have exercise/diet on a New Year’s resolution list.
- Diet Foods and Plans – For people with exercise/diet on their New Year's resolution list.
- Athletic Shoes and Apparel – For people with exercise/diet on their New Year's resolution list.
- Winter Apparel – Predictable, but still prices can be slashed 60-75 percent off. Belk’s is a great store to shop for seriously reduced winter apparel. Click here for current ad.
- Free admission to 398 national parks on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 21). Click here for details.
- HDTVs – The Super Bowl is coming up. Prices will be getting lower and lower right up until game time.
- Tax Filing Software – On sale now. You can use TaxAct Online's FREE efiling software to file your Federal tax by going to www.taxact.com.
- Furniture – Furniture manufacturers’ new lines come out in February. “Old” designs and inventory need to move, and serious furniture sales are happening throughout January.
- Air Conditioners – Obviously there’s not a huge demand for them right now, prompting great deals from sellers who would love to boost sales of ACs in the winter.
- Chocolate – Winter clearance. And many packaged chocolate goods don’t have Christmas designs on them so they don’t look dated. Don’t wait until Valentine’s Day to spread some love!
- Organizers and Planners –To plan for the New Year, of course! Sam’s traditionally has a really nice selection of quality, leather planners and organizers super cheap. Click here for a list of current inventory.
- Soda, Finger Foods, Chips, Salsa, Snacks – The Super Bowl is the reason of course! Click here for Kroger’s weekly ad.
- Warm Dishes, Especially Chili – For the Super Bowl.
- Hot Cereals – Because we are in the dead of winter.
- Toys – Christmas clearance.
- Electronics, with sales getting stronger in February.
- Laptops/Computers – New models and designs are about to be introduced – “Old” ones have slashed prices in order to move inventory.
- Small Appliances – Christmas clearance.
- Linens and Towels – Keep your eyes open for lots of White Sales! Anna’s Linens has a great one going on right now. Just one of their sales is a 7 piece comforter set “Rose Garden” style for $49.99. See photo in the photo gallery. Click here to see current ad.
- Motorcycles – Obviously, there aren’t as many sales in the winter so sellers are very motivated to make deals.
- Boats – For same reason as above.
- Carpeting and Flooring
- Houses – Even when the real estate market is good, it is at its worst at this time of year. So, right now is a GREAT time to buy.