Minimum requirements include:
- a high school degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years clerical experience in a physician practice.
- Computer skills essential.
- Medical terminology including coding needed (CPT-4, ICD-9, and HCPCS)
- Knowledge of insurance filing and requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Patient Service Representative is responsible for greeting patients and visitors answering telephones, scheduling appointments, and registering patients.
Minimum and preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor degree with accounting background is preferred.
- 5 years experience in home health reimbursement preferred as related to Medicare, Medicaid and Managed Care payors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication leadership and performance skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, effective problem-solving skills and is organized and detail oriented.