April is National Parkinson’s Awareness Month, and RaceTrac, a Smyrna-based company, will host a range of events to support The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research for the third year in a row.
The month will kick off with RaceTrac's Second Annual "Run for Research" 5K and Fun Run. The family-friendly community event will be held in historic Vinings at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 30.
All proceeds, including 100 percent of registration fees, will go directly to fund The Michael J. Fox Foundation’s ambitious research to help find a cure for Parkinson’s disease.
Families and community members are invited to come out and participate in the event that features music, product giveaways, free food and drinks.
Get early-bird registration for $25 through March 23, which includes a free t-shirt. After that, registration is $30. Kids under 16 can participate for free and enjoy a 1K Fun Run, which begins at 7:30 a.m. Cash or checks will be accepted for race-day registration.
More details about “Run for Research”:
- When: 8 a.m-10 a.m., Saturday, March 30
- Check-in starts 6:45 a.m. and ends at 7:30 a.m.
- Kids 1K Fun Run starts at 7:30 a.m.
- Where to park: RaceTrac Store Support Center, 3225 Cumberland Blvd, Atlanta 30339
- Where to register: Online at http://register.runnersfit.com
- Fees: $25/Early-bird through March 23; $30/Regular (March 24-30)