The new addition to Smyrna and Cobb's schools community, Smyrna Elementary School, will open its doors in August, welcoming an estimated 700 students from Brown, Argyle and Belmont Hills elementary schools.
Parents and teachers have recently elected the new elementary's PTA board members for the upcoming school year. Each member will serve an one year term.
- Co-President: Michelle M. Murphy
- Co-President: LaWana Streger
- Vice President, Communications: Kimberly Watkins-Swenk
- Vice President, Development: Krissa Garnel
- Vice President, Parental Involvement: Barbi Osborne
- Secretary: Kristin Dabson
- Treasurer: Jeff Williamson
“I look forward to being a part of such a special opportunity and encourage the participation of all families and businesses to make a difference in the lives of each of our children and the future of their education”, said Michelle M. Murphy, Co-President Elect of the Smyrna Elementary PTA.
“I think if I had to sum up how I feel I would say that I'm excited to be a charter member of Smyrna Elementary's PTA," said Co-President Elect LaWana Streger. "Since there will be a blending of families from three different schools, our PTA members understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable community for the parents, teachers and, most importantly, the students.”