The Cobb County Public Library System and a local nonprofit have announced the dates for a series of countywide art workshops intended to "empower children to see that their own heroes lie within themselves."
The free workshops, which are open to children ages 6-11, begin June 19 at the Sibley Library and conclude July 12 at the Powder Springs Library.
Registration is required because space is limited. To register, parents should call the site they would like the child to attend. A parental permission slip will also be required.
Justin Tutt, a Kennesaw State University graduate who founded the Kutz4Kids nonprofit organization, developed the workshops "to help children in his own community," said Jonathan McKeown, the library's associate director for central and outreach services. "He founded his nonprofit organization with his own funds in an effort to raise awareness about the need for children to have opportunities to be educated about their own potential and to be inspired by the successes of others."
Workshops will be held:
- June 19: Sibley Library, noon to 3 p.m. Registration: 770-528-2520
- June 21: South Cobb Regional Library, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Registration: 678-398-5834
- June 24: Kennesaw Library, 1 to 4 p.m., Registration: 770-528-2529
- June 25: Stratton Library, noon to 3 p.m. Registration: 770-528-2522
- July 2: East Marietta Library, 1 to 4 p.m. Registration: 770-509-2711
- July 9: Central Library, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Registration: 770-528-2331
- July 12: Powder Springs Library, 1 to 4 p.m. Registration: 770-439-3600
For more information about the events, visit http://www.cobbcat.org/hero.