Summer may be coming to a close, but there are still a host of movies to check out playing in Smyrna and Vinings before the fall really sets in. Here's a look at five movies coming out in September that you may want to check out.
1. Winnie Mandela -- Now Playing: This epic love story stars Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson and Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard. It tells the story of how Winnie Mandela met her husband, and the strength it took to stay together and carry on even as Mandela was imprisoned.
2. Riddick -- Now Playing: It's been nearly a decade since audiences last saw Vin Diesel as Riddick. That was in the 2004 sci-fi release of "Chronicles of Riddick." Since then, Diesel has become more popular with movies such as "xXx" (pronounced Triple X) and the "Fast and Furious" franchise. And, fans may very well welcome him in Riddick's return.
3. Salinger -- Opens Sept. 13: This documentary includes interviews with some 150 people who knew the reclusive author, J.D. Salinger. Friends will talk about his work, and his impact on their lives and the lives of others.
4. Prisoners -- Opens Sept. 20: Academy Award nominee Hugh Jackman plays a distraught father, who will do anything to get back his missing 6-year-old daughter, and her friend. Panic sets in, and the father takes matters into his own hands.
5. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 -- Opens Sept. 27: Here's a movie your children will enjoy. It is the sequel to the 2009 animated hit of the same name. In the movie, inventor Flint Lockwood learns that the invention he believed destroyed is now creating food-animals - "foodimals." Shrimpanzees, cheespiders and the like must now be banished to save the world again.